3 Dec 2010

Do things right - intead of 'not wrong'

Hi folks,

I know its late in the day & you just want to start your long trip home through Narnia so I'll keep this one reletively short. Us Brits, with our sarcastic sense of humour always seem to expect the worst or worry about 'not doing things wrong'. How about we focus on how to not just do things right - but brilliantly!

When faced with a new or challenging task we often steer it by trying to avoid the pit-falls, or things going typically wrong or failing altogether. This can be amplified by pressure from your boss & yourself, causing emotional stress to manifest in to our nemesis - muscle tension! Well if we're too busy stressing out about the obstacles, who's concentrating on the way forward?

Think of me on my snowboard. If I'm tackling a piste & I focus on a rock up ahead, what's going to happen? - yep....sore bum! Where as if I'm aware of it but focus on the direction I want to go, then I sail by it in style.

So what I'm saying is visualise your goal being a success then take the next step to achieving it. By all means plan ahead & acknowledge the dangers but stay focused on absolute success.

More workplace health tips next week!

James