You may have our eating habits under scrutiny in the news recently. Only yesterday I was sat eating my dinner & someone across the café was scoffing their meal so fast it almost looked speeded-up! Now I know in today’s hectic world not many of us take all of our lunch break or even eat at the desk, but the latest research says that this could be contributing towards obesity.
Here’s a few tips on how to enjoy your food & your waistline:
1) Cut sandwiches or wraps in to smaller sections
2) Chew each mouthful 30+ times rather than the usual 10. You may consume up to 15% less (that’s up to 375 less calories per day!).
3) Slow the pace down by having a conversation, watching TV, or reading a magazine.
4) The 20min rule: Eat 2/3rds of your meal, wait 20min & if your still hungry then have a little more. Why – the body takes time to register that its full.
5) Eat breakfast & healthy snacks! People who don’t eat regularly tend to reach for the ‘bad’ foods & larger portions when they do eat as they are starving.
*further information on ‘conscious eating’ at:
Statistics show that people in the UK are getting fatter which may in-turn have a negative affect on their job. So encourage your workforce to use their break allowances, be social & take their time. To learnt more on how to use nutrition & other aspects to get more from your workforce contact me at www.occupational-fitness.com
Enjoy Halloween & savour the festive treats!